Steps to File a Cleveland Birth Injury Claim
If you are facing mounting medical bills and an uncertain future because of your child’s injuries, it’s understandable to want to settle your claim quickly. However, birth injury claims tend to be a bit more complicated than your average personal injury case.
To help you prepare, the following are some general steps you can expect to take if you decide to file a birth injury claim:
- file your complaint (must be done within a certain time period);
- party you are filing against will be notified of your intent;
- attempt to settle the case;
- discovery process (can take months or years, depending on the case);
- you may still settle during discovery;
- a trial date is set if you are unable to reach a settlement; and
- a verdict is issued after trial.
If you believe that your child suffered a heart birth defect after you took Celexa, set up a consultation with a lawyer to evaluate your case, determine if you have a valid claim, and review legal options.
Seeking Help from a Birth Injury Attorney in Cleveland
Don’t delay as you have a limited time in which to pursue this type of claim. To learn about your rights, contact a birth injury attorney in Cleveland from The Becker Law Firm at (440) 252-4399.