The Becker Law Firm Supports Medical Malpractice Awareness Month
The Becker Law Firm is proud to show our support for Medical Malpractice Month, an awareness campaign driven by the National Medical Malpractice Advocacy Association (NMMAA) – the first and only organization in the country to receive Proclamations for medical malpractice advocacy.
During the month of June, NMMAA works to fulfill its mission to reduce high rates of medical malpractice, which statistics show as the cause of more than 440,000 patient deaths each year – or about to 1,200 deaths per day.
In light of such overwhelming numbers, NMMAA’s Medical Malpractice Month devotes additional resources to:
- Promoting awareness about medical malpractice, and what medical negligence “looks like” so patients and families have a better understanding of their rights;
- Increasing transparency in health care so as to accurately understand the scope of medical malpractice and its toll on patients and families;
- Educating the public about their rights and options after medical negligence leads to preventable injuries, illnesses, or death.
- “End the Silence” by sharing the stories of patients and families who’ve suffered due to preventable medical mistakes.
You can learn more about Medical Malpractice Month, and find ways to get involved and spread the word by visiting the NMMAA website.
A Record of Medical Malpractice Results
A Cleveland-based Civil Trial Practice, The Becker Law Firm handles a range of complex medical malpractice and birth injury cases throughout Ohio and the U.S. Over the years, our highly experienced trial lawyers have cultivated a proven record of success in cases involving many types of preventable medical mistakes and doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other providers that fail to meet acceptable standards of care.
Cases we handle include:
- Emergency Room Errors
- Medication Errors & Anesthesia Errors
- Failures to Diagnose / Misdiagnoses
- Lab Mistakes
- Postoperative Care Errors
- Nursing Errors
- Brain Damage, Paralysis & Spinal Cord Injuries
- Lack of Informed Consent
- Birth Injuries to Baby & Mother
Because medical malpractice cases are high technical claims, they demand the attention of proven lawyers, as well as a multi-disciplinary team that has access to extensive resources and networks of medical experts to assist in initial investigations and the accumulation of evidence needed to prove patients’ and families’ claims.
As these cases are also highly fact specific, victims are encouraged to reach out for help when determining whether they have a potential malpractice case. Our attorneys are standing by to review your case during a free and confidential consultation. Contact us today.