Cincinnati Birth Injury
Cincinnati Birth Injury Attorney
PROVEN RESULTS FOR FAMILIES ACROSS OHIO
The Becker Law Firm is recognized among the nation’s leading civil trial practices for complex claims involving medical negligence and preventable birth injuries. If you, your child, or someone you love have suffered a birth injury that could and should have been prevented, our award-winning legal team is available to review your case and discuss how we can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
The Becker Law Firm Distinctions:
- Nationally recognized birth injury attorneys with over 100 years’ collective experience
- Ohio record for the largest personal injury settlement for a single plaintiff
- Proven success representing children across the U.S., from Maine to Hawaii
- Attorneys who are Registered Nurses with medical expertise
- More than $500M in verdicts and settlements recovered for clients
- Multiple 8-figure settlements in birth injury cases
- Verdicts secured for birth injury victims across Ohio, including millions in cases other Ohio lawyers turned down
The Becker Law Firm was founded in 1980 by Attorney Mike Becker, one of the nation’s most respected civil litigators. A proven advocate for the injured, Attorney Becker is a Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and a member of the prestigious Inner Circle of Advocates, an invite-only group reserved for the nation’s top 100 plaintiffs’ attorneys. Together with Partner Romney Cullers, also a Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, and our team of award-winning attorneys, Mr. Becker helps families fight for the justice and compensation they deserve.
Contact us online, or call to speak personally with an attorney about your case. We serve birth injury victims throughout Hamilton County, the state of Ohio, and the nation.
Can I File a Birth Injury Lawsuit?
Your right to file a civil lawsuit over a birth injury you believe should have been avoided depends on the unique facts of your case. At The Becker Law Firm, we investigate potential claims to determine whether families may have grounds to pursue legal action.
Though there are different reasons to pursue birth injury lawsuits, they are generally filed over claims that treating medical professionals failed in some capacity to meet the “standard of care” applicable to the situation. In other words, we ask:
Did the medical provider, when treating the patient, fail to act as a reasonably skilled and trained medical provider would have acted under the same or similar circumstances?
If the provider failed to meet their duty of care, there may be a potential case. Because there are many nuances in the law that influence what the duty of care may be in any given situation, however, we encourage families to speak personally with our attorneys to fully vet their claims and explore their available options.
Examples of Birth Injury Claims
Birth injuries happen for many reasons. Some common claims brought in lawsuits include:
- Failures to properly monitor, identify, and respond to fetal distress (oxygen deprivation);
- Improper use of medications or labor-inducing drugs (i.e. Pitocin);
- Failure to perform C-section, delayed C-section;
- Failure to properly manage high-risk birth (i.e. gestational diabetes, infections, etc.);
- Failure to prevent, diagnose, or treat complications (i.e. placental abruption, oxygen deprivation, etc.); and
- Delivery trauma caused by improper use of forceps, vacuums, or applied force.
Some of Our Birth Injury Results Include:
- $25.5 million recovered for a family whose child suffered oxygen deprivation and brain damage when a hospital failed to follow emergency protocol. The case was previously turned down by another law firm, and The Becker Law Firm secured one of the largest malpractice judgments in Ohio history.
- $14.5 million recovered for the family of a baby who suffered severe brain damage resulting in cerebral palsy and cognitive deficits after physicians delayed an emergency C-section. The mother had a history of cesarean births and preterm labor.
- $8 million settlement with a hospital for failure to provide prophylactic antibiotics, resulting in extreme sepsis, hypovolemic shock, and infant brain damage.
What Compensation Can I Recover in a Birth Injury Lawsuit?
Birth injury claims provide families with the sense of justice and accountability they deserve, but they are also crucial to recovering financial compensation for damages they have incurred and are likely to incur in the future.
Recoverable damages in birth injury cases may include:
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering, grief, and mental anguish
- Medical bills
- Lost income and lost future earnings
- Future medical expenses
Have a Birth Injury Lawsuit in Cincinnati? Call The Becker Law Firm.
The Becker Law Firm has cultivated a reputation as one of Ohio’s leading personal injury law firms, and we have a record of proven success in complex birth injury cases. Our attorneys proudly serve clients throughout Ohio and the U.S., and we accept attorney referrals nationwide. Contact us to discuss a potential case with a birth injury attorney from our firm.