Cleveland Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
DID YOU SUFFER A SERIOUS INJURY BECAUSE OF SOMEONE ELSE’S ACTIONS?
Serious injuries can have catastrophic implications for both the injured victim and their loved ones for the rest of their lives.
This includes the impact caused by the injury itself, the future accommodations that need to be made, treatment, rehabilitation, and more.
The costs surrounding these changes, including the cost of the initial life-saving treatment are likely to be massive – if the injury was caused by someone else, the victim should not be expected to shoulder that burden on their own.
An experienced catastrophic injury attorney from The Becker Law Firm can help you fight for and secure the compensation you deserve.
If you suffered a serious injury because of someone else’s actions, our Cleveland catastrophic injury lawyers are ready to provide the experienced, tenacious representation you deserve in your time of need.
Since our doors first opened in 1980, we have secured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, and we continue to fight for our clients' rights every single day.
Call The Becker Law Firm at (440) 252-4399 today to discuss your options.
What is Considered a Catastrophic Injury?
According to the American Medical Association, a catastrophic injury is a severe injury to the spine, spinal cord, or brain, which may also include fractures to the skull or spine.
However, the legal definition of a catastrophic injury is broader. Generally speaking, a catastrophic injury is one that permanently changes the circumstances of the life of the victim and prevents a person from working or enjoying life the way they would have prior to the injury.
They often result in permanent disabilities or disfigurement and have long-term effects. Because they render victims unable to participate in life as they had previously, catastrophic injuries also tend to have significant consequences for victims’ families, who may have to provide care for victims, compensate for the loss of income victims had previously earned, and pay for victims’ care and needs.
Common Types of Serious Injuries
At The Becker Law Firm, our lawyers have worked with thousands of injured victims over the years, including cases covering:
- Electrocution injuries
- Spine injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Wrongful death
What Are the Most Common Accidents that Lead to Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries can happen in a variety of ways. In some cases, these serious injuries are the result of another person’s negligence or recklessness. When this is the case, victims may be entitled to seek compensation for their damages through an accident claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Common types of catastrophic injury accidents include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: This is one of the most common causes of catastrophic injuries, as serious collisions often result in severe impact forces that can cause devastating damage to passengers and drivers alike.
- Medical Malpractice: When medical professionals fail to provide adequate treatment or make mistakes during a procedure, it can lead to life-altering injury or even death.
- Slip and Falls: Whether caused by poor maintenance or hidden hazards, slip and fall accident have the potential to cause extremely serious harm in certain instances when they involve falling from heights or otherwise causing massive trauma on impact with a hard surface.
- Workplace Accidents: Many workers are exposed to extreme dangers such as chemicals, heavy machinery, and intense temperatures. If not managed properly, these hazards may cause catastrophic injuries for workers involved in a workplace accident.
- Product Liability Cases: Manufacturers who put out products that are poorly made, or contain faulty components, sometimes wind up being responsible for any resulting accident injuries. If the accident is devastating enough the subsequent injury could be considered catastrophic.
At The Becker Law Firm, our experienced catastrophic injury attorneys have helped many Cleveland accident victims fight for the justice they deserve after suffering a severe injury due to someone else’s carelessness. We understand how devastating these types of injuries can be and we are committed to helping our clients secure maximum financial compensation so they can move forward with their lives.
How Do Our Catastrophic Accident Lawyers in Cleveland Help?
When someone suffers a catastrophic injury due to the negligence of another, it can be an overwhelming experience. Not only is there the physical pain and suffering associated with the injury itself, but often times these injuries require extensive medical care, rehabilitation and long-term accommodations that can have profound financial implications for those affected. That's why having a knowledgeable personal injury attorney in Cleveland on your side is so important.
Ohio personal injury lawyers can help the catastrophically injured by:
- Investigating the incident that caused your injury to determine who should be held liable: An experienced catastrophic injury attorney will investigate the incident and gather evidence to demonstrate another party’s negligence, recklessness or intentional misconduct.
- Advising you on how best to proceed with your claim for compensation: Your lawyer can provide advice about whether it is better to file a lawsuit or negotiate a settlement out of court. Your attorney may also advise you on how much restitution might be awarded based upon the circumstances of your case and an estimation of what expenses you may incur in the future due to your injury.
- Assisting with filing any necessary paperwork associated with personal injury related legal claims: When pursuing damages after suffering a serious accident-related injury, a qualified personal injury attorney can accurately complete all the forms required by courts and government agencies.
- Representing you throughout every stage of negotiations or litigation proceedings: This includes attending any hearings before judges or juries, conducting interviews with witnesses relevant to the case, taking depositions from parties involved in causing your catastrophic accident, preparing cases for trial if needed, and presenting arguments during those proceedings. A Cleveland personal injury attorney will develop strategies that are aimed at demonstrating why you deserve compensation for the harm suffered due to someone else's negligence.
The attorneys at The Becker Law Firm are experienced in helping victims of catastrophic injuries recover compensation for their damages, allowing them to move forward with their lives after such a traumatic event. With decades of successful experience handling cases involving paralysis, amputation, electrocution injuries, spine injuries, traumatic brain injuries and wrongful death claims, we are ready to fight for you every step of the way.
Work With a Law Firm You Can Count On
At The Becker Law Firm, we understand just how devastating a serious injury can be to both you and your loved ones. In far too many cases, these injures are the result of someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing.
If you were the victim of such an incident, you deserve the chance to take your case to court to fight for the compensation you need to move on. Our tenacious, battle-tested trial lawyers are here to help.
Call our firm at (440) 252-4399 today to get started with a free initial consultation.
Decades of Experience Fighting for the Seriously Injured
At The Becker Law Firm, we have devoted decades to fighting on behalf of the most seriously injured. From permanent disabilities, disfigurement, and cognitive deficits to paralysis, sensory loss, and organ damage, we have handled a range of cases involving injuries that create lasting limitations in the lives of victims and their loved ones.
Because we know catastrophic injuries can result in far-reaching consequences, we are passionate about leveraging our experience and resources to help families fight for the accountability and compensation they deserve.
Though insurance companies and corporations may fight these claims aggressively, as they present big threats to their bottom lines, victims still have a fighting chance when they work with proven attorneys who know how to litigate complex claims. Our attorneys know serious injuries demand serious representation, and we work aggressively to help our clients secure the best possible results.
$90 Million Personal Injury
The Becker Law Firm Won a $90 Million Settlement from Anthem Insurance Company on Behalf of the Former Members of a Previous Mutual Company
- Michael F. Becker
$8.5 Million Personal Injury
30 Year Old Male Married with 2 Kids Struck by Commercial Vehicle that Ran a Stop Sign...
$60.7 Million Personal Injury Electrocution Injury
Ohio’s Largest Settlement For Single Plaintiff
- Romney Cullers
$8.5 Million Electrocution Injury
Please join The Becker Law Firm in recognizing the extraordinary work of Partner, Romney Cullers, for his settlement of $8.5 Million on behalf of the families of two men electrocuted by a downed power line...
Your unwavering dedication and expert guidance have truly been a lifesaver. Your sharp legal mind and compassionate heart have made all the difference. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for being there for us every step of the way. We are forever grateful Words cannot express our gratitude for everything you have done for us. Your outstanding professionalism, attention to detail, and commitment to justice have been nothing short of remarkable. You have given us back our confidence and hope during a difficult time. Thank you for being our champions. Thank you so much.- The C. Family
We were greeted with professionalism, expertise, compassion, respect, and a desire to provide the best quality of life for our daughter. She was always the top priority. Mr. Becker represented our daughter and family as if it was his own. His staff was equ- Kris Harmon, mother of Perri
It was an honor having such an experienced lawyer handle my son's cerebral palsy case. He represented us as if he was fighting for his own family member. Everyone at the firm made us feel comfortable about our case. I knew that my son was getting the best representation in Northeast Ohio. The Becker Law Firm is dedicated to bringing justice to their clients. I've already referred families that I know!- Knyesha Washington
Right from the very beginning of our case, David Skall and his assistant Jean Witt were both extremely kind and compassionate to help us put closure on a wrongful death case involving my father at a care facility. They were quick to answer any questions that we had and they made sure we were kept in the loop of this entire process. even though we were in the middle of a pandemic, David and his team were able to adapt their technology and make it all work out for our benefit. I would strongly recommend them to anyone in need of legal help.- John Z.
Contact The Becker Law Firm to Fight for Full Justice
If you or a loved one has sustained a catastrophic personal injury due to another person’s negligence, please contact us today. You can use the contact form on this page or call us at (440) 252-4399 to schedule a free initial consultation. The Becker Law Firm accepts cases on a contingency basis, meaning you will not be charged unless we win your case. Find out how our Cleveland personal injury attorneys can fight for you.