Cleveland Burn Injury Attorney
OVER $600 MILLION RECOVERED FOR THE SERIOUSLY INJURED
If you or someone you love sustained burn injuries because of someone else’s negligence, you have the right to bring a personal injury lawsuit to recover your damages.
But while the right to compensation exists, personal injury plaintiffs face hurdles in their fight for justice, especially when it comes to overcoming the efforts of powerful insurance companies that care more about profits than people. At The Becker Law Firm, our trial lawyers know how to help you fight back.
Reasons to Choose The Becker Law Firm
- Over $600 million in verdicts and settlements.
- Largest injury settlement for an individual plaintiff in Ohio history.
- Led by NBTA Certified Civil Trial Specialists (Michael Becker, Romney Cullers).
- Attorneys named to Super Lawyers and The Best Lawyers in America®.
Speak with a Cleveland burn injury lawyer about your legal options. The Becker Law Firm serves clients across Ohio and offers FREE consultations. Call (440) 252-4399 or contact us online.
We Handle Serious Burn Injury Cases
The Becker Law Firm has been fighting for victims in high stakes claims involving negligence, wrongful death, and serious injuries since 1980. We know severe burns can up-end the lives of victims and result in painful and costly recoveries. It’s why we’re committed to helping clients navigate the legal system and recover the compensation they need to rebuild.
We have the resources to take on all types of burn injury cases:
- Thermal burns caused by external heat sources such as flames, steam, or scalding liquids.
- Chemical burns resulting from contact with strong solvents, acids, or other substances.
- Electrical burns caused by wiring, defective tools or products, and other electrified sources.
As a boutique practice known for big results, we focus primarily on representing victims and families in cases involving serious injuries. This includes burns resulting in:
Burn Injury Claims & Negligence
Victims who suffer burn injuries in preventable accidents can bring personal injury lawsuits against the responsible parties to recover their damages. These civil claims may be brought against any number of defendants and for many different reasons, depending on the facts of a case. However, they’re nearly always based on claims that the defendant was negligent in causing harm.
Examples of things that can give rise to a burn injury lawsuit:
- Motor vehicle accidents caused by negligent drivers
- Premises accidents involving unsafe property conditions
- Defective products
- Fires and explosions
- Utility accidents
- Unsafe management of hazardous materials
- Unsafe workplace conditions and work injuries
- Medical malpractice
Elements of an Injury Claim
A successful personal injury claim requires plaintiffs to prove a few important elements. Generally, this means establishing that:
- A legal duty existed (i.e. a property owner owed the plaintiff a duty of care to keep their premises free from burn hazards);
- The defendant breached their duty because of negligence;
- The defendant’s negligence was a substantial cause of injury; and
- The plaintiff suffered damages as a result.
Our team conducts meticulous investigations to gather evidence needed to establish clients’ claims. We’re also adept in negotiating out-of-court and mediated settlements and have the track record to prove we know how to litigate in court when needed.
Compensation in Burn Injury Lawsuits
Recoverable damages in burn injury cases may include:
- Hospital bills and medical expenses
- Reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation
- Future medical expenses
- Lost income and lost future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Other emotional injuries
The Becker Law Firm works closely with a network of medical specialists, economists, and other expert witnesses to seek the maximum compensation possible for our clients. This includes assessing the severity of injuries, calculating expected costs for future medical care, and accounting for the losses resulting from an inability or decreased ability to work or earn income, among other factors.
Examples of Our Results
The Becker Law Firm has recovered more than $600 million in compensation for our clients and has amassed a record of success that includes some of the state’s largest personal injury, birth injury, and medical malpractice recoveries. Examples of results we’ve obtained for clients:
- $60.7 million for the family of a young girl who suffered neurologic injuries and partial limb loss after contact with downed power line. This is the largest injury settlement for an individual plaintiff in Ohio history.
- $24 million for college athlete who suffered brain damage after suffering a sudden cardiac arrest following basketball practice.
- $17.3 million birth injury recovery for a child who suffered brain damage.
- $13.5 million verdict for child who suffered brain injury at birth.
Call For a FREE Consultation: (440) 252-4399
Burns can be debilitating and devastating injuries that have a significant impact on victims and their loved ones. If you believe another person or party is to blame, our attorneys at The Becker Law Firm are available to discuss your matter and how we may be able to help. Our firm collects no up-front fees and works on contingency, which means there’s no fee unless we win.
Contact us to request a FREE consultation.
$2.5 Million Birth Injury
$4.25 Million Birth Injury
$8.7 Million Birth Trauma
“Michael Becker helped us secure our daughter’s future needs. We will always be grateful for the impact he has had on our family.” - Kris Harmon, mother of Perri
“Mike represented us as if he was fighting for his own family member. I knew that my son was getting the best representation in Northeast Ohio.” - Knyesha Washington
“David handled our case professionally and really cared about my daughter and her outcome.” - Client
At The Becker Law Firm, we have devoted decades to fighting on behalf of the most seriously injured. From permanent disabilities, disfigurement, and cognitive deficits to paralysis, sensory loss, and organ damage, we have handled a range of cases involving injuries that create lasting limitations in the lives of victims and their loved ones.
Because we know catastrophic injuries can result in far-reaching consequences, we are passionate about leveraging our experience and resources to help families fight for the accountability and compensation they deserve.
Though insurance companies and corporations may fight these claims aggressively, as they present big threats to their bottom lines, victims still have a fighting chance when they work with proven attorneys who know how to litigate complex claims. Our attorneys know serious injuries demand serious representation, and we work aggressively to help our clients secure the best possible results.
If you or a loved one has sustained a catastrophic personal injury due to another person’s negligence, please contact us today. You can use the contact form on this page or call us at (440) 252-4399 to schedule a free initial consultation. The Becker Law Firm accepts cases on a contingency basis, meaning you will not be charged unless we win your case. Find out how our Cleveland personal injury attorneys can fight for you.