Cleveland Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Over $600 Million Recovered for Victims
Motorcyclists face elevated risks of suffering serious injury or death in traffic collisions, which is why pursuing a personal injury claim after a crash can be so important for riders and their families.
At The Becker Law Firm, our Cleveland motorcycle accident attorneys help victims and families navigate the civil justice system and fight for the compensation they need. If you or your loved one were injured in a motorcycle crash in the Ohio, we can review the case and discuss how we can help.
Reasons to Choose The Becker Law Firm
- More than $600 million in compensation recovered.
- Two Civil Trial Specialists certified by the NBTA (Mike Becker, Romney Cullers).
- National recognition among Ohio Super Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and Inner Circle of Advocates (Mike Becker).
- Record verdicts and settlements, including the largest personal injury settlement for an individual plaintiff in Ohio history.
The Becker Law Firm’s trial attorneys leverage more than a century of experience to help victims pursue justice after suffering preventable injuries. From offices in Elyria and Cleveland, our motorcycle accident attorneys serve clients across Ohio, offer FREE consultations, and work on a contingent fee basis, which means there’s no fee unless we win.
For a FREE review of your case, call (440) 252-4399 or contact us online.
Liability in Motorcycle Accidents
In Ohio, if you were less than 50% at fault for your accident, the party who is primarily responsible can be held accountable for that percentage of your damages. However, you’ll need to provide evidence that shows their negligence was the proximate cause of your injuries.
Examples of negligence that can lead to motorcycle accidents:
- Drunk driving
- Driving while distracted
- Texting while driving
- Following too closely
- Unsafe lane changes
- Red light and stop sign violations
- Failure to yield / intersection violations
- Unsafe premises conditions
- Defective products or motorcycles
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Ohio
According to NHTSA, motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to lose their lives in motor vehicle accidents that occupants of passenger vehicles. This is due not only to the lack of protection riders have in comparison to people in standard cars and trucks, but also because far too many motorists overlook riders, engage in dangerous driving behaviors, and fail to safely operate their vehicles.
Data from the Ohio State Patrol shed light on motorcycle crashes in Ohio:
- In 2020, 3,982 motorcycle-involved crashes occurred on Ohio roadways – an 11% increase from 2019. 212 motorcycle occupants were killed and another 3,590 were injured in these crashes.
- Cuyahoga, Franklin, Hamilton, Summit, and Lucas Counties accounted for over a third of all motorcycle crashes statewide.
- 10% of motorcycle-involved crashes in 2020 involved alcohol or drugs.
- Just 38% of riders involved in crashes were wearing a helmet, and for motorcycle occupants killed in crashes, the number dropped to 25%.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Even the most vigilant motorcyclists are vulnerable to suffering harm in accidents caused by negligent drivers – often with devastating results. As a boutique practice backed by extensive resources, The Becker Law Firm handles cases involving fatal and catastrophic injuries to both riders and / or motorcycle passengers.
We help accident victims who’ve experienced all types of injuries, including:
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
- Broken bones and musculoskeletal injuries
- Organ damage
- Loss of limbs / amputation
- Road rash and burn injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries and lasting deficits
- Spinal cord injury / paralysis
Victims of motorcycle collisions may require extensive medical care just to survive. They may remain permanently disabled or unable to return to the same line of work. They may be unable to ride again.
Our Ohio motorcycle accident attorneys can help you pursue justice against the party that caused your collision. This may be another driver, the manufacturer of a defective bike part, or any other individual or company that contributed to the crash.
Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Successful personal injury claims position plaintiffs to recover their economic and non-economic damages. This means compensation can be obtained for your:
- Hospital and medical bills
- Therapy, rehabilitation, and future medical treatment
- Assistive devices, medication, and special accommodations
- Lost income and lost future earnings
- Pain and suffering
Because injuries and losses can be so severe, insurance companies view motorcycle accident claims as major threats to their bottom line. As corporations motivated by profits and not by doing right by victims, insurers will do everything in their power to pay as little as possible.
Fortunately, working with an experienced injury attorney can help you level the playing field. In fact, studies have shown that personal injury victims who work with legal representation recover, on average, 3.5 times more compensation than those without a lawyer.
We’ve Won Hundreds of Millions for Victims
The Becker Law Firm has recovered over $600 million in verdicts and settlements in a range of civil claims involving medical negligence, serious injury, and wrongful death. Examples of the results we’ve secured for clients:
- $60.7 million record recovery for young girl who suffered disabling neurologic injuries and limb loss after contact with downed power line. This is the largest personal injury settlement in Ohio history for an individual plaintiff.
- $25.5 million birth injury verdict over oxygen deprivation, brain damage in newborn after hospital failed to follow its own protocol for an obstetrical emergency.
- $24 million settlement for college athlete who suffered a sudden cardiac arrest after basketball practice, resulting in permanent brain damage and disability.
- $13.5 million jury verdict for a now teenage boy who suffered a brain injury at birth.
- $2.5 million settlement over the accidental drowning of a 12-year-old boy at a summer camp in rural Ohio.
Call For a FREE Consultation: (440) 252-4399
If you or your loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident, The Becker Law Firm is available to discuss your rights and legal options. Our firm offers free and confidential consultations and charges nothing up-front to retain. Because we work on contingency, we only collect a fee if we win.
Learn more about our attorneys and how we may be able to help. Contact us for a free consultation.
$8.5 Million Personal Injury
“Michael Becker helped us secure our daughter’s future needs. We will always be grateful for the impact he has had on our family.” - Kris Harmon, mother of Perri
“Mike represented us as if he was fighting for his own family member. I knew that my son was getting the best representation in Northeast Ohio.” - Knyesha Washington
“David handled our case professionally and really cared about my daughter and her outcome.” - Client
Motorcycle accidents can also be caused by defective or dangerous roadways and defective motorcycle or auto parts. No matter the circumstances that led to your collision, you need a firm that has the resources to fully investigate and reconstruct the accident to determine and prove cause. Our Ohio motorcycle accident lawyers are highly experienced and can effectively investigate your claim to build a compelling case for fair, full compensation.
Contact our team at (440) 252-4399 for your free case review. We look forward to helping you.