Distracted Driving Accident
Cleveland Distracted Driving Attorneys
How Is Distracted Driving Classified in OH?
From a legal perspective, distracted driving is defined as any non-driving activity that diverts attention away from the primary task of operating a vehicle. This could encompass anything from using a mobile device, adjusting the car stereo, to even eating or drinking while driving. Significant emphasis is placed on mobile device usage, with texting or making calls without a hands-free device being among the most common causes of distracted driving accidents.
If you've been injured in a distracted driving accident, it's important that you seek immediate medical attention, even if you think your injuries are minor. Document everything from the scene of the accident, and obtain a copy of the police report. It's crucial to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
At The Becker Law Firm, our skilled distracted driving attorneys in Cleveland can help you navigate the complex legal landscape, gather essential evidence, and build a strong case to support your claim. We can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, ensuring that your rights are protected and you receive a fair settlement. Furthermore, if your case goes to court, we can effectively represent your interests, striving to secure the maximum compensation for your injuries and related costs. Remember, your focus should be on recovery, and our dedicated legal professionals can provide the support you need to achieve this goal.
Call our firm today at (440) 252-4399 to schedule a consultation.
Common Injuries Associated with Distracted Driving
The injuries sustained in distracted driving accidents can range from minor to severe, and in some cases, may be life-altering. Here are some common injuries associated with these types of accidents:
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries: These are often the result of rear-end collisions, which are common in distracted driving accidents. Whiplash can cause pain, stiffness, and loss of movement in the neck and shoulders.
- Broken bones: The force of a collision can lead to broken or fractured bones. These injuries can affect any part of the body, but are often seen in the arms, legs, and ribs.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): These can range from mild concussions to more serious brain damage. TBI can result in long-term cognitive and physical impairments.
- Spinal cord injuries: These can lead to paralysis, chronic pain, and other serious, long-term complications.
- Internal injuries: Damage to organs, blood vessels, or the abdomen can occur due to the impact of the accident. These injuries may not be immediately apparent and can be life-threatening if not treated promptly.
- Psychological injuries: Accidents can lead to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues. These are often overlooked, but can significantly impact a person's quality of life.
How an Attorney Can Support Your Distracted Driving Claim
At The Becker Law Firm, our team of seasoned attorneys is dedicated to helping you recover damages after a distracted driving accident. With a wealth of experience navigating the complexities of Ohio law, we strive to seek justice on your behalf and obtain the compensation you deserve.
We meticulously investigate every aspect of your case, collecting and analyzing critical evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records, to build a compelling case. Our attorneys understand the strategies that insurance companies employ to minimize payouts, and we'll aggressively negotiate with them to support you in receiving a fair settlement. If necessary, we're prepared to take your case to trial, where we'll advocate tirelessly for your rights.
We center our approach around your specific needs, aiming to secure compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other costs associated with your accident. With our team by your side, you can focus on recovery while we handle the legal complexities of your case.
Our Cleveland distracted driving attorneys are standing by to learn more about your case. Call us at (440) 252-4399 to schedule a consultation.
$8.5 Million Personal Injury
“Michael Becker helped us secure our daughter’s future needs. We will always be grateful for the impact he has had on our family.” - Kris Harmon, mother of Perri
“Mike represented us as if he was fighting for his own family member. I knew that my son was getting the best representation in Northeast Ohio.” - Knyesha Washington
“David handled our case professionally and really cared about my daughter and her outcome.” - Client