Commercial Vehicle Accident
Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorney In Cleveland
INJURED BY A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE? CALL: (440) 252-4399
Vehicles driven for commercial purposes are common on U.S. roadways. While their specific form or function may be different, from cargo carrying trucks to passenger-carrier buses, commercial vehicles are often the largest and most dangerous automobiles on public roads – and they can increase risks of accidents and serious injuries substantially.
While victims injured in preventable car accidents may have the right to recover their resulting damages, there are many hurdles to full and fair compensation in the personal injury claim process – and even greater challenges when crashes involve commercial vehicles.
At The Becker Law Firm, our legal team has earned national recognition for our work handling complex and high-stakes injury cases. We know victims and families can suffer immensely after serious wrecks, and leverage our experience to help them fight for compensation they deserve.
Call (440) 252-4399 or contact us online to discuss a potential case.
Types of Commercial Vehicle Accident Cases
Commercial vehicle accidents can involve all types of vehicles owned by companies, whether they’re being “used” for commercial purposes at the time or not. Common types of cases include:
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Bus Accidents (School, Charter, or Public)
- Public Utility Vehicles (Street Cleaners, Water & Power)
- Garbage Truck Accidents
- Construction Vehicles / Specialized Automobiles
- Delivery Trucks (UPS, Fed-Ex, Amazon)
- Passenger Carriers (Company Vehicles, Shuttle Vans, etc.)
- Taxis & Uber / Lyft Accidents
Helping Victims Navigate Complex Issues
Victims of auto accidents arising from the negligence of others may create an opportunity for victims to pursue a financial recovery of their damages. Though personal injury cases require victims to prove several essential elements of a claim, those involving commercial vehicles can make for added complexities in the fight for justice and full compensation.
Our attorneys at The Becker Law Firm have the experience needed to help victims tackle even the most challenging issues present in their commercial vehicle crash cases, including:
- Fault & Liability – Determining who’s at fault for a crash and financially liable for resulting damages suffered by victims is a critical component of injury cases. When cases involve commercial vehicles, however, determining fault can be complicated by the presence of various potentially liable parties. That includes not only the driver and the company which employs them and owns the vehicle, but also other parties that may be, in whole or in part, potentially responsible, such as auto part makers or manufacturers of defective products, vehicle repair or maintenance companies, third party retailers or distributors which load cargo, and others.
- Regulations – Commercial vehicles are subject to the same rules of the road as any motor vehicle, and must often comply with additional regulations. Commercial trucks used to transport cargo, for example, are governed by strict trucking regulations for driver alcohol and drug testing, hours of service, and vehicle maintenance, among others. Similar and specific regulations also exist for passenger carriers, vehicles which perform highly specialized functions (construction vehicles), and vehicles which transport hazardous materials. Knowing the regulations in place is crucial to identifying violations that support claims of fault and liability.
- Insurance Coverage – Sufficient insurance coverage can be a major barrier to full and fair compensation, and though commercial vehicles typically have larger commercial insurance policies, insurance-related issues can still arise. That may involve serious injuries / wrongful death and more extensive damages, unique coverage arrangements (such as in Uber / Lyft accidents), vicarious liability (companies being responsible for the acts of employees), and more.
- Public Liability – Some commercial vehicles are owned and operated by government entities, such as City buses, public utility vehicles, and others. Because personal injury cases involving government defendants are subject to different rules and procedures than standard injury cases (including limited liability), any case involving a public entity can create added difficulties in a victim’s fight for justice.
Aside from these and other challenges, one of the most difficult aspects of commercial vehicle accident claims stems from the fact that the companies behind these vehicles are typically in the business of making money, not payments to victims. As such, trucking operators, bus companies, and other commercial defendants (as well as their insurance carriers) are often aggressive in their efforts to dispute and deny injury claims, and pay victims as little as they possibly can.
More Than $600 Million in Compensation Recovered
Attorneys at The Becker La Firm have built their careers on helping victims and families who face off against powerful corporations in the wake of preventable harm and losses – corporations that value profits more than people. By leveraging decades of experience and our resources, we help clients level the playing field and fight for the justice and financial compensation they need.
Discuss a commercial vehicle accident and your rights with a lawyer by calling (440) 252-4399. The Becker Law Firm serves personal injury clients throughout Cleveland and the state of Ohio.
$8.5 Million Personal Injury
“Michael Becker helped us secure our daughter’s future needs. We will always be grateful for the impact he has had on our family.” - Kris Harmon, mother of Perri
“Mike represented us as if he was fighting for his own family member. I knew that my son was getting the best representation in Northeast Ohio.” - Knyesha Washington
“David handled our case professionally and really cared about my daughter and her outcome.” - Client
Meet Our Attorneys
More than A Century of Combined Experience Relentlessly Pursuing Justice
How Do I Know If I Have A Case?
The easiest way to know if you have an electrocution/downed power line contact case is to contact The Becker Law Firm directly and talk with us about what happened. If a member of your family has been injured or killed as a result of coming into contact with a downed power line or other electrified device, please contact us today.
You can use the contact form on this page or call us at (440) 252-4399. We’ll speak with you and evaluate the details of your case free of charge. Because we take cases on a contingency basis, you won’t be charged any attorney fees unless compensation is recovered.