Cleveland Brain Injury Attorneys
Fighting For Those Who Have Suffered Brain Injuries Due To Medical Malpractice in Ohio
Medical malpractice can lead to brain injuries in a number of ways. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury due to physician error, hospital negligence, or any medical mistake, it is important to consult with an experienced Ohio medical malpractice lawyer.
At The Becker Law Firm, attorneys in our Cleveland and Elyria offices have significant experience handling medical negligence cases for clients from Ohio and nationwide. We understand the causes of brain injuries and can help you pursue justice and compensation for the losses you have suffered.
Contact our caring legal team to seek full justice in your case. Our Cleveland brain injury lawyers can be reached at (440) 252-4399.
Types of Brain Injuries
- Hypoxia: One of the most common causes of brain injury is lack of oxygen to the brain or hypoxia. The results of hypoxia can be severe, including memory loss, paralysis, cognitive loss, and brain death.
- Bleeding brain injuries: Doctors must take special precautions when treating patients at risk of bleeding brain injuries or hemorrhagic stroke. Patients with weakened blood vessels and high blood pressure are especially at risk for this type of brain injury.
- Blood clots: Surgical errors can lead to blood clots, which travel to the brain and cause catastrophic damage.
- Untreated stroke: Undiagnosed or mistreated stroke can lead to severe brain injuries.
- Anesthesia errors: Errors in administering anesthesia can lead to permanent brain damage.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Brain Injury Claim?
A brain injury can have a profound effect on a person's life, impacting their physical well-being and emotional and financial stability. When considering a brain injury claim, it's essential to understand the various damages that may be recovered. These damages encompass economic and non-economic losses, reflecting the full impact on the victim's life.
Medical Expenses: The costs of treating a brain injury can be astronomical. Recoverable damages include expenses for emergency medical care, hospital stays, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and ongoing therapy.
Lost Wages and Future Earnings: Brain injuries often significantly disrupt a person's ability to work. Compensation may be sought for the income lost during the recovery period and for the anticipated loss of future earnings because of long-term or permanent impairments.
Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages encompass the physical and emotional pain endured by the victim. This category is subjective and may include:
- Compensation for mental anguish.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- The overall impact on the victim's well-being.
Loss of Consortium: In cases where a brain injury has strained familial relationships, spouses or family members could seek compensation for the loss of companionship, support, and services that the injured person provided.
How to Determine Liability for a Brain Injury Caused by Medical Malpractice?
Establishing liability is critical to pursuing a brain injury claim, particularly when medical malpractice is involved. At The Becker Law Firm, LPA, our experienced Cleveland brain injury attorneys possess the knowledge and expertise to navigate the complexities of medical malpractice cases.
- Proving Negligence: Medical malpractice claims often hinge on proving that a healthcare professional or facility was negligent in their duty of care. This negligence may include misdiagnosis, surgical errors, medication errors, or failure to provide appropriate treatment.
- Establishing a Standard of Care: To establish negligence, it must be demonstrated that the healthcare provider turned from the standard of care expected in their field. This involves comparing the healthcare professional's actions to what a reasonably competent professional would have done in comparable circumstances.
- Causation: Establishing a direct connection between the medical professional's negligence and the brain injury is crucial. It must be shown that the negligent actions directly resulted in the injury suffered by the patient.
At The Becker Law Firm, LPA, we understand the deep impact that a brain injury can have on the lives of victims and their families. Our dedication is to vigorously advocate for our clients, holding those responsible accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, don't hesitate to contact us for a confidential consultation. We provide the legal guidance and support needed to pursue justice and secure the compensation you deserve.
$90 Million Personal Injury
The Becker Law Firm Won a $90 Million Settlement from Anthem Insurance Company on Behalf of the Former Members of a Previous Mutual Company
- Michael F. Becker
$8.5 Million Personal Injury
30 Year Old Male Married with 2 Kids Struck by Commercial Vehicle that Ran a Stop Sign...
$60.7 Million Personal Injury Electrocution Injury
Ohio’s Largest Settlement For Single Plaintiff
- Romney Cullers
$8.5 Million Electrocution Injury
Please join The Becker Law Firm in recognizing the extraordinary work of Partner, Romney Cullers, for his settlement of $8.5 Million on behalf of the families of two men electrocuted by a downed power line...
Your unwavering dedication and expert guidance have truly been a lifesaver. Your sharp legal mind and compassionate heart have made all the difference. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for being there for us every step of the way. We are forever grateful Words cannot express our gratitude for everything you have done for us. Your outstanding professionalism, attention to detail, and commitment to justice have been nothing short of remarkable. You have given us back our confidence and hope during a difficult time. Thank you for being our champions. Thank you so much.- The C. Family
We were greeted with professionalism, expertise, compassion, respect, and a desire to provide the best quality of life for our daughter. She was always the top priority. Mr. Becker represented our daughter and family as if it was his own. His staff was equ- Kris Harmon, mother of Perri
It was an honor having such an experienced lawyer handle my son's cerebral palsy case. He represented us as if he was fighting for his own family member. Everyone at the firm made us feel comfortable about our case. I knew that my son was getting the best representation in Northeast Ohio. The Becker Law Firm is dedicated to bringing justice to their clients. I've already referred families that I know!- Knyesha Washington
Right from the very beginning of our case, David Skall and his assistant Jean Witt were both extremely kind and compassionate to help us put closure on a wrongful death case involving my father at a care facility. They were quick to answer any questions that we had and they made sure we were kept in the loop of this entire process. even though we were in the middle of a pandemic, David and his team were able to adapt their technology and make it all work out for our benefit. I would strongly recommend them to anyone in need of legal help.- John Z.
Contact Our Brain Injury Lawyers in Cleveland Today
A brain injury is a life-changing condition that can leave the victim unable to work, relate to others, and enjoy activities. Our attorneys will work to fully assess the damage this brain injury has had to you or your loved one’s life. We have significant trial experience and will work to help you obtain full and fair compensation for the losses you have suffered. Our lawyers do this work because we care about our clients and a just verdict or settlement will make a positive difference in their lives.
Please contact us at (440) 252-4399 to arrange a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable Cleveland brain injury attorneys.