Medical providers who care for pregnant mothers and assist in labor, delivery, and childbirth have legal duties to treat patients in accordance with the accepted standards of their profession. When they fail to do so, often due to negligence, they can be held liable for the damages victims suffer as a result.
At The Becker Law Firm, our Toledo birth injury lawyers have spent decades litigating complex birth injury claims across Ohio and the nation and have earned a record of success in high-stakes cases.
We know how insurance companies fight to deny liability when providers fail to meet their “duty of care”and what’s needed to develop arguments that support claims. This insight makes our clients confident knowing their cases are in capable hands and positions them to obtain full compensation.
The Becker Law Firm: Proven Results.
The Becker Law Firm is one of Ohio’s most respected civil trial law firms. Backed by a team of highly experienced litigators – including two NBTA Certified Civil Trial Specialists (Michael Becker and Romney Cullers) and attorneys who are also Registered Nurses – our team has earned a reputation for our ability to handle complex, high-stakes claims.
Clients throughout Ohio and attorneys with complex cases nationwide turn to The Becker Law Firm when they need help with medical negligence cases. There are many reasons why:
- We’ve secured Ohio’s largest personal injury settlement for a single victim.
- We have recovered over $600 Million in compensation for victims and families, and have successfully represented children across the U.S., from Maine to Hawaii.
- Our birth injury lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience, and have been recognized among the nation’s best.
- Our team includes lawyers who are also Registered Nurses with medical expertise.
- We have negotiated multiple eight-figure settlements for birth injury clients.
- Our firm has secured verdicts in birth trauma cases across Ohio, including hundreds of millions in cases other law firms turned down.
If you believe a birth injury suffered by you, your child, or a loved one could have been prevented, our team wants to hear about your case. Call or contact us online to request a FREE consultation.
Birth Injury Claims We Handle
Since 1980, The Becker Law Firm has focused solely on protecting the rights of clients who’ve suffered harm and losses due to the negligence of others. If you believe a birth injury resulted from substandard care, you may be able to bring a claim against the at-fault party (or parties).
While each case should be personally reviewed by an attorney to better understand what allegations can be raised, examples of birth injury claims handled by our firm include:
Failures to prevent, diagnose or treat:
- Fetal distress
- Placental abruption
- Prolapsed umbilical cord
- Gestational diabetes
- Oxygen deprivation
Negligent management of high-risk births, including:
- Premature births
- Suspected large fetus
- Multiple births (twins, triplets)
- Delayed C-sections or failures to perform emergency C-sections
Trauma during delivery involving:
- Improper use of forceps / vacuum extractors
- Improper delivery technique
- Shoulder dystocia
- Cranial Compression (excessive pressure on fetal head)
From infant brain damage, HIE, and cerebral palsy to lasting physical, financial, and emotional strains, birth injuries can profoundly alter families’ lives. At The Becker Law Firm, we’re committed to helping victims fight back against negligent providers for the compensation needed to navigate their futures.
A Proven Record of Success in Birth Injury Cases
The Becker Law Firm has secured hundreds of millions in compensation for birth injury victims, including some of the largest medical negligence recoveries in the state of Ohio, and the largest personal injury settlement for a single plaintiff in Ohio history.
Examples of our birth injury results include:
- $25.5 million over oxygen deprivation / brain damage caused by a failure to follow emergency protocol.
- $14.5 million for a baby born with cerebral palsy and permanent cognitive impairments due to a delayed C-section.
- $11.35 million for a baby who suffered a watershed brain injury during birth.
Questions? Call (440) 252-4399 For a FREE Consultation
Our birth injury lawyers proudly serve clients throughout Toledo, Lucas County, and the U.S. We also accept cases from referring attorneys nationwide. Led by Michael J. Becker, a member of the invite-only Inner Circle of Advocates (a prestigious group of the country’s top 100 Plaintiffs Trial Lawyers), we’ve been trusted by families, communities, and colleagues across the nation for over 40 years.
If you have questions about a potential birth injury case, The Becker Law Firm offers free and confidential consultations. Call today at (440) 252-4399 to request yours.